Atlas Trek Adventure
Duration: 2 days /1 night
Grade: Hard (physical fitness required)
Day 1: Marrakech – Imlil – Toubkal Refuge
Having breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech before the driver picks you up and head to the core of the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco. From the village of Imlil at 1740m above sea, , the trek begins. 67 kilometers southwest Marrakech, you will meet the team who will be glad to guide you during an unforgotten adventure. The muleteers will take care of your luggage, food and all other requirements after the drive dropps you off in Imlil. The trek towards the mount starts after a half an hour. You will make your way through the Berber villages. During the journey, you will have lunch (prepared by our cook) in the shrine of Sidi Chamharouch (2500m above sea). The trek proceeds with climing up towards the refuge at 3200m. The mules, muleteers, and the cook will be there before you at the hut/camp. Upon your arrival, you will have a hot Moroccan mint tea while you are appreciating the mountain’s landscapes and views.
Shower is available to refresh up for the next day.
Optional: In summer time, the night could be spent in a tent.
Day 2: Toubkal refuge – Toubkal Summit – Imlil
You will be up early enough to avoid the sunny way. You will have breakfast at around 5 a.m before you start ascent clim at 5:30 am. You may need to pack your own lunch until you reach the peak above the hut. Here, you will have a break with nuts, water, oranges etc.
You will have to see the entire amazing High Atlas Mountains with its Berber villages, green valleys, the stunning landscapes. That is after 3/4 hours hiking. You will take a break of 45 minutes to enjoy the views of the area and taking pictures before you head down to the hut. After having lunch, you will go down on the same way. The option of staying on the hut for a second night is available. It depends on your time departure/ hilday schedule.
Pick up from Imlil and return to your Riad in Marrakech or the airport.
- English speaking Mountain guide
- Muleteers & mules
- Cook to prepare your meals.
- Accommodation on the hut ( dormitories no ensuite rooms)
- All meals during the trek
- Transfer from & to Marrakech.
- Departure dates: Daily & flexibles
- Clothing (Winter & Summer)
- Good walking boots and socks
- Comfortable shoes/slippers for camp/guesthouse
- Trekking pants
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Long johns
- Fleece jacket or warm jumper
- Lightweight windproof/waterproof jacket
- Goggles (winter) and sunglasses (summer)
- Lightweight thermal or fleece gloves
Equipment to bring:
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Walking stick
- Day sack/backpack
- Headtorch / headlamp
- Basic First Aid Kit – refer to trip dossier for details
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Penknife (useful)